Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wiggie Wham

I have no idea why I call it that. LOL I discovered some years ago that I can plant.... ideas in someone head. It's not really an idea, more like interjecting calm. I told my husband I Wiggie Whamed him.

For our honeymoon we were going to Bora Bora. Neither of us are really sun people, but we wanted to do something that was a once in a lifetime trip. I would love to go back!

I scuba dive, he never had before, so we got him certified, and I got re-certified just for the trip. He was having a hard time breathing under water. Bless his heart, he said that it was "unnatural" to breath underwater. I never really thought about, but the instructor said that many many people have the same reaction. They go under and their body just tells them to stop breathing. If you know anything about diving, you know that can be very dangerous. You never hold your breath.

We tried twice to dive in a pool and he was just extremely uncomfortable. I didn't want him to dread the dives we had planned on the honeymoon. What is the fun in that? But I really really wanted to get some dives in. I know people that have been diving for 30+ years, and have never gotten the chance to diver near Tahiti, the main island of Bora Bora.  I was trying to be patient but I was getting bumbed by the thought of no scuba diving. I wanted to share this with him also.

One night I was laying there in the bed and thought, "the hell with this, I'll just wiggie wham him." That is what I called it after that. I put my hand on the top of his head and just started pumping in calm energy. I imagined white light and calm strength coming from my hand, into his head. I kept thinking about water, the calm surface, then the first few feet down where you can see the sun light piping through. I did this over and over. Then I moved to thinking about a deep dive, all the fish we would see, the coral reefs, and seeing each other floating there suspended. I must have done that for an hour before I fell asleep.

The next day we went for another pool dive and he was completely at ease. He said it, "just went away." I wasn't sure that it would work, but it seems it did. He got certified and we did several dives in Bora Bora. It was absolutely breath taking. He would like to dive some more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment