Friday, September 21, 2012

Code of Ethics

I have my own code of ethics. I was curious if there was a "psychic code of ethics" out there. I was not at all surprised that everything I found was about taking money from people. I don't take money for readings, I only do them for friends and family. Mostly I just use my gifts for the lives around me. I only agreed with one of the listed ethics I found. The first on my list.

  1. Never claim to be 100% correct.
  2. NEVER "behave as if" or "fake it until you make it"
  3. Don't look into someones life unless invited.
  4. Don't use our own bias' or beliefs to taint a reading.
  5. If you don't understand what your seeing, don't try to interpret it, just tell them what you're seeing.
  6. Don't tell people what you know they want to hear.
  7. Never use the gifts out of spite or anger.
  8. If given the opportunity don't ignore the chance to help or protect others.
  9. Do not pray on people's beliefs about evil.
  10. Always hold confidences.
There is no such thing as a 100% accurate psychic. EVER. If they claim to be they are either a liar or completely delusional. Even if they get perfect information all the time, information sometimes comes in ways that is sometimes not for the reader to know, so it comes in a kind of code. I will see a scene or picture that will mean nothing to me. When I describe it to a person, they know exactly what I mean.

Many years ago I worked a psychic phone line and my supervisor told me to just start talking until the caller gave me hints as to what they wanted to hear. She used the words "fake it until you make it" and "behave as if." I think that is despicable. I have told people right off, "I'm sorry, I'm not getting anything." Sometimes it just is not the right timing for people to know. It is never okay to lie to someone coming to you for help.

A person with the gift should never go around looking into other's heads or lives. I believe that is right up there with rape. It is completely violating them. You don't do it with strangers and you don't do it with friends. If there is something I am "supposed" to know, my guides will tell me. I worked very hard to get my walls up so that things do seep in. I do occasionally loose control when I get very angry but that is why I don't get angry very often and never with friends.

The ones that can actually read someones desires or thoughts, I have seen them just pluck those out of people's heads and repeat them back to them. That doesn't make they psychic. That makes them a mind reader and a really horrible human being. A gifted person should never tell someone what they want to hear just to make them happy and get paid more.

One thing that I find unconscionable are those that will use the idea of evil to force others to keep returning to them for advice. Under threat of curses, or negative energy, or demons, they will hold people hostage. Even when people go into a home to feel out spirits, the ones that jump to "demons" are doing the world a disservice.

Mostly I think many psychics forget to use a sense of ethics at all. A sense of morals. If they would not like someone doing it to them, they shouldn't do it to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment