Monday, October 22, 2012

Another round of Empath Yuckies (please send calm)

I have been getting the Empath Yuckies since I was a kid. I would start to feel like I was guilty and that I was afraid for no reason. That is how it started for me. I started questioning why I was feeling like this, digging through my memory for something I did wrong that I needed to rectify immediately so that feeling would go away. It wasn't until I was in my early 20's and worked for a very angry man that I realized I got really angry every time I was in the room with him, for no reason, that it wasn't my feelings.

Something that is very hard to explain to someone that hasn't experienced it, I don't just get the emotions of those around me. I physically feel them. When I'm talking with a person or a group and something is said that offends one of them it feels like I get snapped with a rubber band. When someone around me is made to feel really uncomfortable I get a pulling up my spine.

I tend to look at this all from a scientific perspective, so I recognize that the energy a person gives off changes with their mood. I can feel and gage that energy. Where most people walk right though it and feel nothing, for me it is like walking through a cloud of static electricity. We all know what static electricity feels like. Rub a balloon on your head. LOL

I've been working with my daughter to recognize her feelings and other people's feelings too. We've discovered she seems to have inherited most of my gifts. I am glad I can help her while she is so young though. Learning as you get older is really tough.

Recently I asked a question of a group of friends of mine. I feel really safe with this group so I don't usually shield very much when I talk to them. Mostly because they are my friends and if there is something they need me to see or be aware of, I want to be there for them. Well I was shocked at the response. I asked if anyone would discuss something with me that I thought was really interesting historically speaking. I know that the election is coming up, I get that people get very high strung when it comes to politics. But I have never attacked anyone over their political beliefs. I will attack someone that hurts my friends or family, but that is where I draw my line. In fact I have gone to bat and attacked for several of these friends. It was not anything they said, but I felt they expected that my intention was to attack political beliefs different from mine.

What I was hit with in response was so hurtful I actually called my best friend, cried and told her I didn't know if I could ever come back to these "friends." I suppose it is my own fault. Like I said I wasn't shielding, but I have always felt safe with this group. I was overwhelmed with such a strong and all encompassing hatred and anger, I have never felt anything like it. Physically I felt assaulted. I shut down. All the anger and hatred over the subject matter came barreling at me and ran me over.

I hunger intelligent conversation with adults and usually this is the group that I turn to. Now I'm questioning so much. Am I being led somewhere? Is this supposed to be a lesson for me to keep my shields up all the time? Maybe it's a lesson to them somehow? I wish these gifts came with a manual. If a psychic ever tells you they have it all figured out, they are a liar. 

For the last two weeks I have felt on edge and just plain sick to my soul. I keep waiting for an earthquake or some horrible natural disaster to hit to explain what I'm feeling. I think I finally figured it out. Maybe this is why I got the reaction I did to my request for conversation.

With the election coming up it really does not matter who wins. It doesn't matter what side of the isle you are on. The fall out from the election is going to be bad. On one side we have men and women ready to take up arms to protect the constitution, and on the other we have a large group ready to start rioting.

In my life time there has not been a time when the entire globe has been so over run with fear, hate, and anger. All this negative energy just feeds more negative energy.

So I have a favor to ask of anyone that might happen to read this. No matter what your political beliefs. Even if you aren't in the United States and the Presidential won't effect you. Please... everyone.... send out as much calming loving vibes as possible. We have to learn to keep our heads. The hate is winning, and personally it scares the hell out of me. I can feel it chewing my stomach and eating my brain.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Rae.. Hugs are sent to you. I agree that election years are insane with meanness and anger. This time seems to me as bad as it was 4 yrs ago. I am sending out calming vibes to the world and to you my very best friend. I am so glad I was able to be there for you as you were for me yesterday. I love you more than you probably know.

    ReplyDelete