Sunday, June 10, 2012

Why I don't have psychic friends

I used to be embarrassed by my "gift." Sometimes I still am. I don't advertise the fact that I talk to dead people. I once had someone tell me that they could see how people would think I was psychic because I am very observant. You know, like that show The Mentalist? I can't argue with that. I do notice things other people don't pay attention to. I love to study people.

Years ago I spent some time doing the Psychic Phone Line thing. This is the reason I don't have psychic friends. I was exposed to so many fakers, liars, cheaters, and the ones that genuinely do have the gift used it to take advantage of people. My "mentor" actually told me to "fake it, if you don't know just go with it." I can't do that. Above all I believe in personal integrity. If I didn't know, I would tell them. If I got images that I didn't understand I would explain to them what I saw then tell them it was up to them to figure out. Sometimes I sounded a lot like a fortune cookie. LOL

I am psychic in all the ways that word entails. I hear, see, dream, have visions, have spirit guides, can speak to the dead, see the future, see the past, pick up on peoples emotions, and sometimes even hear their thoughts. I always have my wall up though. Unless I'm invited, I never look in on someone. If there is a situation that I absolutely must be aware of, my guides will tell me. To me, sneaking a peek into someones mind is tantamount to rape. Your invading them in a very intimate way. I have discovered that 80% of "psychics" have little to no scruples. 75% to 80% of those are just outright liars and fakers.

I am naturally a skeptic. Just because I can see the dead, doesn't believe I think every Orb is a spirit. Sometimes it is just dust, or a bug. Just because there is a weird reflection in glass doesn't mean that your seeing a ghost. Weird noises can just be weird noises. I don't know how many times I have been told that something evil was in someones home. Ghosts are usually misunderstood when they actually are around.

I was very disappointed when I was introduced to the world of psychics. Sadly what should be a very uplifting and loving atmosphere is very dark. All about the money. My Grandmother once told me that taking money for your gift taints it. I thought she was wrong at the time. Not anymore.

While working the phone though, I did get a great deal of validation. I had a woman walk into my living room one day while doing a phone reading. She was decapitated, carrying her head under her arm. I ask the lady on the phone why a woman just walked in carrying her head. She told me her niece was decapitated in a car accident.

The worst validation I have received is also why I don't always see this as a gift. Someone in my life abused her kids. I called the authorities a number of times. She had four children. I was driving down the road one day and had a vision. It shook me to my core. The family was at a funeral, the casket was about 18 inches long. I called my mother and told her that this woman was going to kill her baby. I screamed and yelled and called the authorities. I told anyone who would listen. I begged for help. The baby was six weeks old when she killed that tiny soul.

I've also noticed that most people ask about the stupidest stuff. "Am I going to win the lottery?" "Is my man cheating?" First, no one who asks is ever going to win the lottery. Second, if you have to ask, then yes he is cheating on you. I tell anyone that asks me to take a look at something for them, more than believing me, you have to believe yourself.

We all have the intuition to run our lives in a healthy way. We all have that little voice, you just have to learn to listen to it. If your suspicious, there is a reason. If you think, I need to grab that umbrella, it will probably rain. If you get an itch to check your baby's temperature, there is a reason. Just listen. But listen to YOU.

1 comment: