Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I am an addict

I'll admit to it. I'm addicted to technology. I love my smart phone. I love my iPad. I can't live without my computer. The DVR is my best friend.  I am typing this on my computer that crashed, so I'm moving at a snails pace. I can't tell what I'm typing because I'm typing two paragraphs ahead of what I can see. LOL

I had a report due, a very important report. My computer crashed, my documents where corrupted, and I couldn't share them with any one off my computer. So I had to use my husbands work computer to retype everything and then send it along. I tried to send it off my mothers computer first. That is how I found out the documents are corrupted.  It is a good thing that I have so many people around me that are also addicted to tech.

I don't understand people that use technology as an excuse for their own laziness. Did you know that you can go to McDonald's and use their Internet, should yours go out? You can also go to the Starbucks. If your computer goes down, go to the public library. Although, everyone knows someone that has access to a computer. When I was visiting my mother in law, she has no computer access, her very kind neighbor let me take a test on their computer. So I don't buy the "my Internet went down." Whaaa....  I've even taken a flash drive into a computer store and ask to test it. They usually don't mind if they think they might sell something.

I can also read most things on the iPad, and on my phone. I can't answer a lot of reports on the  iPad, but I can on the phone. It just takes a long time with the little buttons. LOL The iPad doesn't like to create seperate paragraphs.  I know plenty of people that have smart phones, even if they don't have a laptop computer.

I know one person that can't feed their children, but has a smart phone. This person texts all the time, surfs the Internet, lives on Facebook, and is glued to that little bit of technology. You want to know what the food stamps paid for? Yep.... that phone, for a person that sells the stamps and doesn't feed the children. They get $700 a month in food stamps. I don't feed a family of 5 on $700 a month. I spend much less than that. Before you take offense at what I am saying, if your reading this, I'm not talking about you. This person is too self centered and selfish to read the words of someone else. That and I don't believe this person can read anything other than textese. Or gansta speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment