Monday, August 16, 2010

I was hoping this wouldn't happen

I guess my son has reached the age that he understands what a ghost is. Somewhere along the line he figured out he is suppose to be afraid of them. I have to wonder where that came from. I, first of all, don't call them ghosts. I call them spirits or just people.

My great great uncle hangs around my house sometimes. He started coming around when I was in high school. He never bothered me. I would see him around my room or my brother's room. A tall man in overalls with one arm. When I described him to my grandmother she explained that he lost his arm in a farming accident. I just knew his name too. Now he hangs around my daughter's room. I started seeing him there when we made it into the nursery. He just watches over them. When my son was younger he told me he saw him a few times.

Now that I think about it... he hasn't seen the uncle in almost a year. This afternoon I hear a scream from upstairs. My son comes running down stairs, "the doors are moving by themselves." Oh great! I suppose I should have kept up a little better, making sure he kept in touch with that part of himself. He wouldn't go back up stairs. My daughter fearlessly went upstairs and came back down. She says to him, "your right and he moved your toys." I took them both upstairs and sure enough, I could feel him. I told the kids to talk to him. He was there to protect them. My daughter is great about it, she told me she hears him all the time and it doesn't bother her. My big man is gonna have to get used to it all over again I guess.

So now my daughter keeps telling him that our house is haunted. (sigh) How can I argue with that? I can't very well say it isn't. He will probably deal with it his entire life. I suppose he just has to figure out his gifts in his own time. At least in part.

No comments:

Post a Comment