Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Little Mind Readers

My little mind readers just stun me sometimes. With my older son, he usually picks up on me thinking about chocolate. When I think about chocolate he will make comments to me like, "Mommy I want candy if your eating chocolate." He doesn't like chocolate. It is so funny that so far the only time he indicates that he knows what I am thinking.... it's about chocolate or candy or cookies.

Now the baby, when the baby reads my mind I laugh so hard I almost pee myself. He will just come up to me, cock his head and repeat word for word what I am thinking. Can you imagine?! A two year old saying "I'm running out of tampons." Seriously!! Well, he is almost three so he can form a sentence but it's still in a cute little baby voice. "Damn it, where is your father?" I wish I had recorded that one!!

So far my daughter hasn't picked up that little talent, not that I know of anyway. It seems it's the boys that are picking up on it. I am getting better about putting my walls up too. Somethings could be damaging to their little minds if they pick them out of mine. They don't need to know intimates of my marriage to their Daddy. I'm going to have to teach them to block it out too.

I'm not really sure how I'm suppose to teach children how to be selective when pick up on people's hidden lives. They are so innocent and I don't want to ruin that for them. But listening to the whole world of crazies can be a bit hard to deal with at times. They need to know when to turn it off and how. I didn't learn that until I was in my mid twenties.

Hmm....... they don't really have a book for this one. Maybe once I figure it out I can write one.

No comments:

Post a Comment