Thursday, July 22, 2010

Earrings and Regrets

I used to have these earrings that I absolutely LOVED!  They were little outhouses. If you opened the door, you saw a little guy sitting in there reading a newspaper. If you pulled him out, you actually saw a little toilet. They were made of pewter. Someone took a lot of time making these little things. I'm not sure why I liked them so much, maybe they were just that funny. Of course I also used to have blinking eyeball earrings and I would wear a 45 record around my pony tails. Talk about different. I have never been one for embarrassment. I just think it is a waste. I also have never been one for regrets. You do it, you did it, move on. You either learn from it or you don't.

I do however have one regret. I am just biding my time waiting for an opportunity to make it up to Karma. I guess I feel like I disturbed the balance and I need to restore it. So here I sit waiting...... waiting.......  waiting.......  for a jury summons. Yep, I really want to serve on a jury. I have been in two jury's. The second was a drunk driving case. I got that one right, he went to jail. The first one though was a civil case, a custody case. The mom talked about suicide at one time, the dad was a total control freak douche. I knew, knew he was messing with the youngest daughter. I knew it. But of course psychic inclinations are not allowed to be considered in jury decisions. The father got custody because we had a bully on the jury. He was military, the dad was military, and he said a military man was just better for the kids. (rolleyes) Myself and one other lady were the only ones that saw through the father. Afterward I got to talk to the mom. She caught the dad in a locked room with the youngest girl several times. Her lawyer thought it would just sound like she was making stuff up, so they didn't introduce any of that behavior. I screwed up. I should have stuck to my guns. I was in a situation to protect that little girl and I folded.

Now I have one regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment