Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I wish I were a turtle

I went to bed last night thinking about water. I thought maybe it was because I have a horrendous cold, I need to drink a lot of water. I made one really big Mommy mistake. Never ever, no matter how bad it is, take cold medicine in the middle of the night. I woke up 1/2 hour late this morning.

Now let me just say that my children are masters at destruction. They should be paid. So this morning wasn't a surprise, nor was it the worst I have experienced.

We had a brand new, filled to the top, water bottle on the cooler. The ENTIRE bottle is now on my kitchen floor. As it turns out the lowest part of my kitchen is my pantry. Yep, they flooded my kitchen and pantry. The little one was in his jammies laying on the floor, when I walked in. He says, "look mommy, I'm a towel." Ok that was cute. My daughter was trying to clean it up with a washcloth. My floor has never been cleaner.

 That is how it happens most of the time. I will get a feeling or a nudge and not take a closer look at it. I am always saying I need to listen to myself. Maybe if I had looked at the thought of water I might have known that the kids were going to flood the kitchen. Maybe not. Either way I would really like to go back to bed. Even just pull my head into my shell for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment