Friday, July 30, 2010

My idea of God

I believe many of my friends think that I don't believe in God. My husband thinks he is an Atheist (he is just a recovering Catholic).  I do believe in God. My idea of the almighty is just very different than most people's. First of all I hate organized religion. Today it has turned into religious business. The bigger the church with the most toys and the most members wins. It is sickening. I also don't think that people should be nice to one another just because they have the fear of being doomed to a fiery pit of evil writhing demons torturing them if they don't. Good people should be good because it is the right and moral thing to do. Kindness is the only real gift we can give eachother.

We, as souls are just conscience bits of energy. Energy does not end, it just changes forms. So when we die, our souls go home. We retain our individualism, but also plug back into the greater flow of energy. God to me, is that greater flow of energy as a whole. God is the larger picture that peices us all together. The same energy is in the trees and the grass, in the birds and butterflies. All of us and everything around us is all tied together. Sadly everything must die to make room for rebirth. If a fire didn't burn down the trees, a mountain would become so overgrown that the growth kills each other off. So it's the fire or other vegetation, but everything has to die to make room for the young.

I do also believe that the black souls, like Dalmer, Hitler, Stalin, the really ugly people are like ash in the wind. When they die they just disintgrate and dissolve, not plugging back into the great flow but more like become our wake. The trail left behind.

So God is all around us, in us, larger than us.

No comments:

Post a Comment