Saturday, July 24, 2010

Scary Little Kid

As much as my oldest son is a real stinker he is also my most gifted. I mean he sees dead people just like I do. It has been an interesting journey so far, watching him become more aware. He also can read my mind. I have to be really careful to remember to shield myself when I'm thinking about something she should hear. Like how I would like to run that lady that just cut me off into a ditch.


Many many times I have been making them breakfast and I'll be thinking about chocolate. The little man will walk over and say, "mommy I want chocolate too." He doesn't even like chocolate. He has also told me about things from history as though he were there. It has become so common  place now that I don't remember most of it. He told me once that cars are suppose to be cranked to start. That sort of thing.


I have an uncle several generations back that lost half his arm in a farming accident. I've seen him many times. He just hangs around and watches over me. I've been aware of him since I was in high school. How can you miss a man with one arm? One night we were all sitting eating dinner and the living room light went off. I turned it back on, it turned itself off. This went on for a few minutes and my little many says "oh that's uncle Henry." I have never mentioned his name before so I asked, "how do you know that?" He says, "cause he only has one arm, duh." But of course he does.


I have been told by friends and family that have known me my whole life that, sometimes I just knew things. I don't remember any of that from when I was a kid. I guess it wasn't made into anything so I just ignored it. Then I went into my denial stage. I blocked it out. My sister used to get me drunk at parties she would have so that I would give readings. Her friends were always amazed, honestly so was I. It's just something I can do. And I just kept on blocking it out.


When I as about to leave my first marriage an old lady came to me. Basically she told me I needed to be true to myself and get moving. Leave while I still could. So I left. Really horrible excuse for a human being, he was. I saw this lady everywhere. I heard her, saw her, smelled roses around her, even carried on conversations with her. I started calling her Grandma Rosie. Sometimes I would have dreams about her and she always had white roses around her. I was telling my Grandmother about this one day and she went to get a picture. This picture she showed me was a very old black and white photo of three women and three children. She asked if I recognized her. I pointed to one of the ladies and said "that's her." Turns out that was my great great great grandmother Rose White.


That was the beginning of me acknowledging my gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment